Sunday, June 15, 2014

Back to the Beginning

       Time seriously flew by and many moments we shared in India became a blur. Now that I have the opportunity to sit and absorb each experience I am able to find the value in each even the ones I was once to shallow to find depth in. I laugh at myself as I remember the very first night in India. We were riding through the neighborhood and we stopped. I remember thinking there was no way this was our stop. Of course it was. That night was hilarious because Zoe and I (who barely knew each other at the time) just stared at each in other awe and blind fear until we finally managed to fall asleep. We can laugh at ourselves now that we realized we were fine and were simply adjusting to this new way of life.
      We must have visited at least twenty temples all of them beautiful and special in their own right. However, the one that I am constantly thinking of is the Baha'i Lotus Temple. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing but it is one of the most peaceful places I have ever been. The Lotus Temple, in my opinion, is a symbol of unity because they invite people of all religions to join together and worship there. I am now
grateful for places like this because too often we let our varying beliefs seperate us, since most religions are based upon love and service religion shouldn't create as much dissension as it does. The inside of the Baha'i temple was filled with people praying to whatever diety they believe in. I certainly can't speak for everyone else but I know I recieved the blessing I needed by being there. I opened my heart and my mind. I was able to forget that I was a Christian in a room with Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, and others but instead I focused on the fact that we were all people with faith and there's hope in that alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment