Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Difficult Situations"

Before going to India, my perception of a difficult situation seemed pretty normal for my surroundings. A death in the family, a divorce, etc. . While in India, we had many difficult situations that were nothing like those examples. My difficult situations were running out of water, not being able to find shade, or the power going out. While in America these things don’t sound too bad, but in India these were all VERY difficult situations.Some of my more memorable difficult situations were the fact that I had a cockroach in my pants, the power went out while I was in the bathroom, and I left my shower shoes back in the third city we stayed in. This allowed me to become more aware of other people in their difficult situations. I learned that just because I don’t see something as being difficult, doesn't mean that it isn't. There are many moments in peoples' lives that they perceive as difficult. It isn't up to me or anyone else to try to tell them otherwise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment